Regional Express (Rex) goes to great lengths to accommodate the special requirements of its passengers within the limits of its capability and practicality.
It is a requirement that all passengers can understand and respond to Emergency Procedures and the on-board Safety Announcements and Demonstrations.
Rex will not provide assistance within the cabin for the:
- Use of the toilet facilities – Flight Attendants are able to assist passengers to and from the toilet door and are not permitted to handle urine-draining equipment.
- Administration of medication – Flight Attendants are able to assist passengers in the retrieval of medication from cabin baggage.
- Consumption of food - Flight Attendants are able to assist passengers with opening packets and assisting to locate the food as required.
- require assistance that cannot be provided by Rex or
- who cannot understand and respond to Emergency Procedures and the on-board Safety Announcements and Demonstrations,
must travel with a companion.
This document lays down the Terms and Conditions for the carriage of passengers with special requirements including the following:
- Wheelchair dependent passengers
- Oxygen and breathing aids
- Other medical conditions
- Companions and Passenger Facilitators
- Assistance animals
- Pregnant passengers
- Baby on Board
- Unaccompanied Minors
- Child and adult harnesses
- Musical instruments
- Connecting Flights
- What assistance will not be provided
BOOKING A FLIGHT
If you require special assistance from Rex you must notify us at least 48 hours prior to the planned departure time of the forward travel. If you are unable to provide at least 48 hours notice you may still book your travel, however, Rex cannot guarantee that the resources required will be available and you must plan for this eventuality.
Notification of special requirements must be made at the time of booking be it through the website or the travel agent. If your special requirements cannot be catered for through the web site, you must call the Rex Customer Contact Centre (CCC) on 131713. However, if you call the Rex CCC to request for special needs which you have omitted to indicate during your internet booking, you will be charged an administration fee.
If you are wheelchair dependant and arrive at the airport without prior notification you will only be carried if there is adherence to the earlier check-in times for wheelchair passengers and there is no negative impact in achieving an on-time departure.
Otherwise you will be denied boarding and if you choose not to travel at all then a full refund will be given. If you choose to fly on a later flight, be aware that upgrade charges may be applicable.
Please note that Rex staff at regional airports may not commence work until 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time unless they have been notified the day before of a special requirement.
1. WHEELCHAIR DEPENDENT PASSENGERS
For all information regarding the carriage of wheelchair dependent passengers please click here.
2. OXYGEN AND BREATHING AIDS
For all information regarding the carriage of passengers requiring oxygen and breathing aids during flight please click here.
3. OTHER MEDICAL CONDITIONS INCLUDING INTELLECTUAL DISABILITIES
For all information regarding the carriage of passengers with medical conditions, including intellectual disabilities please click here.
4. COMPANIONS & PASSENGER FACILITATORS
For all information regarding passengers who require companions and/or passenger facilitators please click here.
5. ASSISTANCE ANIMALS
For all information regarding passengers who require a Guide Dog or assistance animal to accompany them during flight please click here.
6. PREGNANT PASSENGERS
For all information regarding the carriage of pregnant passengers please click here.
7. BABY ON BOARD
For all information regarding the carriage of babies please click here.
8. UNACCOMPANIED MINORS
For all information regarding the carriage of Unaccompanied Minors and for the Terms & Conditions of Carriage specifically relating to the carriage of Unaccompanied Minors please click here.
9. CHILD AND ADULT HARNESSES
For all information regarding child and adult harnesses and car seats which can be used during flight please click here.
For all information regarding the carriage of firearms please click here.
11. MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS
For all information regarding the carriage of musical instruments please click here.
12. CONNECTING FLIGHTS
For all information regarding connecting flights please click here.
13. WHAT ASSISTANCE WILL NOT BE PROVIDED
To read about what assistance will not be provided by Rex please click here.